During my time as a Clinical Psychologist I have
– worked in private practice with children, adolescents and adults who present with a range of issues,
– provided psychological services to independent mental health clinics working with all age ranges in Auckland and Wellington,
– worked in mental health services in Ireland and New Zealand including child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) in Auckland and Taranaki,
– been employed in a youth forensic service (young people with mental health difficulties who are going through the Court system) in Wellington,
– provided psychological assessments to the Family and District Courts,
– been contracted to the Ministry of Education in Ireland and New Zealand,
– worked in a child and family psychology service and in a behaviour disorder assessment service,
– worked with a considerable number of children and young people who have been in foster care and/or residential facilities in Ireland and New Zealand,
– was employed in an intellectual disability service and a specialist service who provides interventions to people with high and complex needs, including intellectual disability.
– gained significant experience with a variety of difficulties including developmental delays, head injury, neuropsychological disorders and intellectual disabilities,
– and participated in volunteer work in South East Asia with organisations that supported children who had been trafficked.